Thursday, September 5, 2013

[FAQ] DON'T PANIC!! All about what & where in this new layout

UPDATES - 05.03.2013
Start! Panicking! I seriously can't decide where to put that bloody comments sidebar, below, by the side, etc. The reason being since transferring all my posts to my Archive Blog, I am only left with this one post and so it just looks so weird with everything crammed by the side. So I put them below and it was so long. Then I added handwriting by the side (seriously love that!) but once I have like 5 long posts in this page, then all those bottom fixed posts wouldn't look good at all. So I am stuck. I will just shift them by the side for a while. But basically I really like this look even if you have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get to the Labels and Archives. But how's the text? Can read? I hate those blogs with tiny fonts and in grey colour, can't even read anything. So I hope mine is at least large enough for you to see without zooming in. I like the background. I was torn between a table or a brick wall, but in the end I like my old Langit layout (not documented - arghhhhh!!) where I got a half eaten doughnut there plus cookies and all. Very messy table, same concept like my All About Masha blog. So I am going for that. I will throw in a pen or two. In fact if this is my real table, it is 10 pens and 20 and I can never find my pen. My working table is like Bermuda Triangle. Can never find anything. Anyway I am just glad I got the basics done. I seriously wanted to post something about how I "ZHANG" Yu Zheng very much but I decided not to, not today because believe me, I don't need to pick and choose a date for such a post. It is so easy to hate him. Can be any day, any hour, any minute. So I decided to just write this a little longer so that my 1st post for this new blog is not so weird. Ok, mission accomplished! Seriously though, I really love the threaded comment system. So clean.

P/S Line height for paragraph is weird. Will fix that.

P P/S Fixed. 


ORIGINALLY POSTED ON 03.09.2013

DON'T PANIC!!! 

I didn't lose the contents to some virus attack or some hacker. This is a cleansing time for me, by moving all the clutter to my Archive Blog so that I can really restart with a better look and clearer labels instead of the old one. Basically the structure is the same as always. However just in case you are wondering where is everything, do read on. As usual this blog is work in progress but I am  very happy with the clean look. Hopefully it loads fast enough for you without the script problem thing. By the way I checked using Google Chrome and Firefox. Depending on your screen resolution, the only difference is font size. Everything else looks good on my side.

Anyway do read on for a brief explanation on what's new in this layout.




UPDATES
03.09.2013
Created page, added questions 1 to 14

1. WHERE ARE ALL THE OLD POSTS?
I have moved all of them to the Archive Blog. In this present blog you will find all posts AFTER 1st September 2013. For all posts prior to that (which may go all the way back to 2003!), they're all in the Archive Blog. It is very messy right now so to make life easier for you, you can either use the search function at the Archive Blog, wait a little longer whilst I clean up the layout (I made the mistake of uploading an unfinished template!!) or best way ever, use the Table Of Contents (2nd & 3rd links) which you can find in the navigation bar above or .... after this sentence!


What is in Archive Blog? Like my rather popular Legend of Zhen Huan/Empresses In The Palace rant, Bu Bu Jing Xin post and more! I will make individual pages for those posts in Reviews Database but not very soon. For the time being, you can also use the Search Box at the top of the page. Quite accurate!

2. WHERE ARE ALL THE REVIEWS
All in Reviews Database. You can search there or use the Table of Contents page to see reviews by labels (such as my name and all my reviews), titles (alphabetically) or by dates (descending or ascending).

3. ARE THERE OTHER BLOGS CREATED BY YOU?
Yes there is! Check out Dedicated Blogs

4. I'M INTO HISTORY. ANY WRITE UPS ABOUT HOW THIS BLOG CAME ABOUT?
Got!!!! But an old one and still relevant. Check out About ...

5. WHAT CAN I FIND IN THE SIDEBARS?
Plenty! From top commenters to recent posts and more, I will be adding more as I go along. Since this blog is having a fresh start, there won't be much content for now. But knowing me, it won't be long before I fill this blog with pages and pages of ramblings. Just for your info, I will be adding direct links to any Episodic Thoughts I will be doing. Basically I want this main blog of mine as a gateway and yet still personal, still familiar. So do check out the sidebars because there are some major info about various related stuff there. EXCEPT gossips and entertainment news. I don't do that. Maybe I will add one later, linked to Jaynestars perhaps. 

6. WHAT IS THE SHOUTBOX FOR?
Impromptu spur of the moment comments and reports of dead links or some exciting links or general questions meant for me. If you want to reply long to a post of mine, if it is a review, go to that review, if it is a post, find the post and use Post A Comment link.

7. WHAT'S THE COMMENT SYSTEM LIKE?
Totally awesome! It is threaded comment system which means you can write an original comment, someone reply, you reply to that reply. However it allows only for I believe 1 nested reply thingy? At least way way way better than in the past where you're replying to some 10 posts above. Also since the comments are now numbered, if you don't know the name you're replying to, just say you're replying to comment no. so and so.

By the way if you're a Blogger user, do log in so your avatar will so. If not, all default anonymous poster will have the following avatar:-










If you're a blogger user without your own avatar, your avatar will be:-











Or it could be something else if I can something funnier. Point is why not use your own one eh?

8. WILL THERE BE NEW REVIEWS?
Yes, but I am not writing actively. Same goes for Episodic Thoughts.

9. CAN I SUBMIT REVIEWS TO YOU?
Of course! Just make sure they're in textpad or txt format, your own opinion, title, brief info, production details and cast info included plus poster if it is a new title that is not in Reviews Database. I need your valid email address as well. Email all these to funnlim(AT)gmail(DOT)com but make sure all attachments are virus free, if not I will ban you for life. By the way you be your own editor.

10. HOW CAN I FOLLOW THIS BLOG? DON'T WANNA CHECK EVERY DAY!
Follow by E-mail of course! Or subscribe to feed! All in the sidebars (or top/bottom bars).

11. WILL YOU STOP CHANGING LAYOUT AND JUST COMPLETE THIS ONE?
Yes my lord, my queen, my emperor, my empress, I shall. I really like this layout which is quite easy to adapt. Now let me think about the header!!


12. FUNN, WHERE CAN I FIND YOU ONLINE? OTHER THAN HERE?
Check out my Dedicated Blogs page. Sometimes I am inworld in Second Life (very rare) but mostly I am most active (and sometimes my inner beyatch is unleashed there due to some really bad experience) at Jaynestars.com. Quite a fun place, if you can stomach the hardliners which are all ok except for the few rogue ones and of course those overly diplomatic ones. But hey, opinion is the variety of life! That's why I love it there.

13. I HAVE QUESTIONS!
Use Post A Comment, bookmark this post and I will reply. 

14. UHHHH, WHAT'S THE CONTACT FORM FOR?
Just in case you wanna go personal and private with me. Who knows? Maybe you have something to say like a whole litany of curses against me.

2 comments:

  1. I felt the old format had more personalized flavor. The new one is cleaner, maybe you can add back some personal touches like avatar and banner on top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funn,
      Think like an interior designer and decide on the color palette first! The colors are a bit too neutral lah. I like your avatar, maybe you can work that into the head banner design?

      Delete