Tuesday, April 29, 2014

[VIQ] Answer to the question "I'm a Ruco Chan fan! Is he on Weibo?"

Weibo is the Chinese equivalent to Facebook and most Chinese stars are on Weibo. Any fan of Ruco Chan, those new to him may wonder does he have Weibo? Facebook? Website? Instagram? Youtube? Meaning does he have an online presence that is he himself?

The short answer is yes. He is confirmed on Weibo, has an official website (maybe created by fan and sanctioned by him, that part I am not sure) and he also has an official Facebook account (mainly for fans to interact with fans). I don't think he has an instagram account or official youtube account but he might open one. He seems to like interacting with fans and it does help in terms of self promotion.

I am reposting what I know from my What I discover about Ruco Chan post for convenience sake since that post is getting so long. It is really thanks to the above post of mine that I myself discovered quite a few things about Ruco. For one, he is not technologically impaired. So, fans of Ruco, wanna reach the real thing? Getting ready for super cute pictures of his dog, Bao Bao and what nots? Can't be sure he reads everything but it's a try! However do remember, they're all in Chinese. Google translator will be your best friend for the time being as you register for an account and getting validated.

WHICH ONE SHOULD I FOLLOW FUNN? WHICH ONE?
He is probably the easily most accessible star in TVB with so many accounts everywhere but that being said, I do think he is most active in Weibo. His fans are of course most active in the forum in his FC. English version though... scarce.





WEIBO : 陈展鹏煎pang
Language
Chinese

Access 
Registration required to see original sized pictures, etc. Non Chinese reading fans can use google translator to guide you to register. Great thing about weibo is you don't need a Chinese handphone number so that is great!

How active
Very active.

What's in here
He is mostly here posting messages, a bit of self promotion sometimes, some posts about rather personal stuff with plenty of pictures and reposts. Use Google Translator and you can understand what he is saying. He does read the messages from what I can understand. But do remember, he gets thousands of replies so he probably finds one which catches his eye and I do presume writing in English or other languages may catch his eye. After all an international non-Chinese speaking fan always stands out.

URL
http://www.weibo.com/u/1802675582




FACEBOOK : RUCO'S FAMILY
Language
Chinese/English

Access
Registration required and you need to send a friend request to him to see the full thing. He will take probably a few days to mass approve the requests. Not sure if he is doing it himself though but this is officially his Facebook page.

How active
Increasingly. But more for fans to post for fans but he does check up sometimes with some posts.

What's in here
A lot of pictures, videos thanks to fans

URL
https://www.facebook.com/rucos.family




OFFICIAL WEBSITE: CHINPANG FC
Language
Chinese with some English translated posts

Access
Registration required and you will need to validate your email before you can have access to forum. However validation email never arrived to my inbox and thanks to his fans in Facebook, this is how you workaround;

a. register with a valid email

b. wait for the validation email. If none, try again. If still nothing after 10 tries, something is not right so proceed to c.

c. email from your valid email (which you used for registration) to chinpangfc@yahoo.com with the title "驗 證郵件問題". Don't panic if you don't know Chinese. I actually wrote in English. Just write you did not receive your validation email so please validate my email.

d. wait a few days. I got my reply in 1 day where the admin said "你好,已成功替你驗證了。" which basically means my account is validated. So access to forum is granted.

How active
Not sure. Haven't checked yet but since it is an official website I assume he will post messages to fans there, in Chinese. Quite active. A tip from a die hard fan says he usually has "hihi" as the title of his post so if you see "hihi" in the title, that's him. So I will assume his fans are banned from using "hihi" as the title of their post. I am hoping someone will translate right below his original post. His messages are rather short and since I am told he writes in a unique way, the best person to translate is someone who has been following his style. I will not even attempt.

What's in here
Just skimmed through, a very happening forum for any Ruco Chan fan. I think he or his fans sanctioned by him created this for fans to gather and chit chat and also to gather for functions. Birthday party perhaps? I really don't know.

URL
http://www.chinpang.net/





INSTAGRAM : rucochan
Language
Chinese

Access 
No registration required.

How active
Thanks to SnoopyBird who has this to say; "You can see he posted some of his private pictures here and write short comments in chinese which is not easy to understand if you are not following (much his style)" [Source - Comment no. 51]. So I will take a die hard Ruco fan who says this is HIS personal instagram account, unlike the FC run version. I don't presume he is very active in here.

What's in here
Lots and lots of pictures by Ruco himself. Expect some favourite photos of his and also some private ones which I am sure will be reuploaded everywhere else. And some posts, in Chinese.

URL
http://instagram.com/rucochan

9 comments:

  1. I see! Thanks very much for your explanation! So last row (left or top?) is exclusively to record his latest posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's not any special section for translating Ruco's messages.
    His usual comments are thanking fans for supporting him after an event or concert, wishing fans good health at christmas or new year.
    Recently he has been asking for comments for ROE, and whether he looks too slim.
    He responds directly to fans threads once in a while too, welcoming new fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot, funn & snoopybird ^ ^
    u guys rock!!

    I hv reg myself, but still can't drop some comments. Seems that I have to activate something. Will try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Just wanna say rucochanfc insta account is not run by his fc. it is a fan site as well. his fc does not have an insta account. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh the trappings of the word FC. Someone should send that owner a notice not to use FC since it is not official. Thanks! I have removed it from the list above.

      Delete
  5. hmmm.... really need to be patient. I've sent email to admin FC but still not got validation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. finally....got a reply :)

      Delete
  6. When was he in Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete