Monday, May 5, 2014

[FUNN STUFF] All George Carlin quotes & 1 about football

George Carlin (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008) was one very funny guy and a very critical guy as well. I wrote about him once in this blog and the post is now in Archived Blog He was more of a social critic and his wit can be biting at times and yet true as well. His observation can be very very accurate and yet he put it in a very funny sort of way. I came across his many quotes in Listverse here and the following is some great ones from the long list of greats; 





I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.

 I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

 Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.

 The reason I talk to myself is that I’m the only one whose answers I accept.

 “I am” is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that “I do” is the longest sentence?

 
He was an American but the following quote reminded me a lot of a similar quote about football/soccer since FIFA World Cup is coming soon (and many sleepless nights for us football mad nations!);

 It’s never just a game when you’re winning.


Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that
- Bill Shankly (2 September, 1913 – 29 September, 1981)

Classic quote about football. More great quotes here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment