Monday, August 11, 2014

[RIP] Robin Williams

I am in total and absolute shock over the news of Robin Williams dead at the age of 63 today. Absolute shock. It was apparently suicide or asphyxia which leads me to think perhaps it was death by hanging. Apparently he was in severe depression in recent months. The death if by suicide certainly wasn't because of lack of opportunities since he had been offered and would have been in a string of films, or for the lack of money since he was successful financially (perhaps all his life), so it must have been personal or emotional, deep within himself. The article had a recent picture of him and he didn't look good. All the smiles and joy and happiness he brought to others and yet.. deep down, he was a very very sad man. I don't get it, will never get it. 63 by today's standard is much too young and here goes another actor from sorta my generation. I grew up watching him. Still in total and absolute shock. Makes no sense. Is depression a rich man's disease? Don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect to those suffering from depression but perhaps the dirt poor are too busy fighting for survival to be depressed. I will never get it. Never.

0 comments:

Post a Comment